My Fruit and Veggie Cleanse Day 2

 
 

Day 2

Goodmorning all! I had a great night sleep, although when I woke up I was feeling pretty tired still. A little weak if you will. Probably just a side effect of the cleanse. I was hungry as soon as I got up which is'nt normal for me. I felt pretty empty. But all in all, I actually feel pretty good. No headache this am and not really any other symptoms. I am excited for today to see how I feel and to continue this cleanse. its been pretty easy so far, except when I am making my son food and it smells so darn yummy. But I keep reminding myself this isn't forever just a few days and im back to eating clean and healthy again with much more variety. Thats what its all about folks, mind over matter. We can easily self sabotage by letting that little voice inside allow us to give up. You have to remember you are doing this cleanse for no one other than yourself. If you came to the decision to try it there was a reason, so being that its only 5 days out of your life, just do it. And an added bonus, I weighed in this am and i'm down .8 of a pound :)

Breakfast: BIG bowl of seedless watermelon ( about 3 cups ) and a cup of black tea.

Snack mid morning: fruit bowl- 1/2 banana, 6 grapes, 6 sweet cherries ,1/2 small fuji apple

We went swimming this morning so I made my son and I a fresh bowl of yummy fruit to snack on.

Workout: 30 min fast hill powerwalking with some strength intervals in between.

I am still feeling really good. No headache and a good amount of energy. Surprisingly not super hungry.

Post workout snack: The rest of my fruit bowl so - 4 grapes, 4 cherries and 1/2 apple

I pampered myself today for the first time in a LONG time, and went and had a massage, a pedi and my nails done :) so knowing I was gonna be on the run I grabbed easy food to eat for lunch.

Lunch: 1 small fuji apple and 2 medium carrot sticks

Still feeling awesome today, especially after my pamper session. Still no headache or other side effects. A surprising amount of energy also.

Dinner: Mixed veggie salad- 2 cups romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup spinach, 2 oz shredded carrot, 2 sticks celery, 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage, 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper, 1 slice red onion. I had half of this because it made a huge bowl and for dressing I mashed 1/4 avocado mixed with 1.5 tbls salsa and 1/4 lemon squeezed. And a cup of green tea. It was super yummy! Did'nt need any other dressing.

Snack: 3 mini sweet bell peppers with 1/2 tbls salsa and 3 tbls air popped popcorn sprinked with kelp. Mmmm!

Sweet snack: 10 grapes, 10 cherries, 1/4 cup bluberries and A cup vanilla camomile tea.

And I am consuming on top of the fruits, veggies and teas, which are all very hydrating about 64 oz of water a day.
So that was a successful day 2. I feel great, im definitely ready for bed now but no side effects at all. Really looking forward to tomorrow, im sure it gets easier every day. The cravings are going away, im a sweets fan. And not having coffee isnt as hard as I thought. The hardest thing for me is not grabbing my usual snacks. I always have a bowl of raw nuts and seeds in my fridge which is my go to snack, or bits and pieces when im making my son food like a slice of cheese, or licking the extra pb of the spoon. But I have caught myself and not cheated yet! So on that note, goodnight all and lets see what day 3 brings!

Calorie Intake today was about 950 cal.



Comments

Popular Posts