My Pregnancy Diary- Anatomy Scan

 
My Anatomy Scan
This is what it looks like on the inside right now!!!

He is Still A Boy!!!!  Colton Warren Shireman




So today we had our Anatomy scan. It's a little nerve racking beforehand because you just want to make sure that everything is ok! I am 20 weeks 4 days and feeling great, so a clear scan was in my prayers.

Turns out we have a perfectly healthy baby boy! Everything they checked was perfect, no signs of anything bad or any concerns whatsoever. Scans (ultrasounds) these days are pretty incredible. We were able to see the heart blown up on the screen while she was checking every chamber, and blood flow, different angles and more. She was able to see the entire brain, they look for fluids or anything else that shouldn't be there. They look at the stomach, kidney's and bladder, the umbilical cord, placenta, and much more.

I found out I have an anterior placenta which just means its in front not in back. It doesn't matter as long as it's not on the bottom. He has a 3 chamber umbilical cord which is what its supposed to be. Sometimes they can be 2 or even 1 and that can cause problems later on. He definitely has both arms, legs, hands and feet and we could even see the fingers and toes. Oh and he loves to sit on or kick my bladder, lol! Like I need that....

Those little feet were kicking my bladder!


He weighs 13 oz, and is measuring right on track with my due date, 2 days ahead according to my doc. See, I knew the exact day I got prego because I was charting, but docs always go from the first day of your last cycle. Well looks like my calculations were right on!. But all in all we couldn't have asked for a better report on our handsome little man. Now he just gets to continue to bake away for another 17+ weeks. They say 37 weeks or later is A ok!

His cute little feet...



His profile looks so much like Brekken! Can't wait to see how similar they are!

Kinda creepy, but this is a face on shot!


This boy has some long legs!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts