My Pregnancy Diary Week 6

Feb 21st, 2013

6 Weeks!
This week has been an interesting week. I have still been battling a cold which I never get and now I have nausea in full swing. I started working out again as of last Friday and it feels great even though I have very little extra energy. This last week I haven't been eating like I normally would because everything is making me queasy. I seem to be fine with fruit, my quest protein bars, spelt toast, raw nuts, protein smoothies and some low fat dairy. But meats, veggies no way. I usually eat a big variety of veggies and protein every day and right now its not happening. So im having a variety of fresh fruit and getting my fats from nuts and protein from my protein bars and powder. I also use Chia seeds in my shakes for the extra nutrients and fiber. I drink a lot of water and decaf black tea also. Every day I take a probiotic, vit d, my pre natal vitamin ( rainbow light ) I love this one, I have used it for 3 years now, I take an Omega 3, and a vit b complex.
All in all I feel good, just tired. My workouts are helping give me some energy though. I know its sounds like an oxymoron, but exercise actually helps with the fatigue. I started back up with my hiit training and Im still doing all my same exercises. At this point and for a while I wont be modifying anything. If you have been regularly exercising pre baby then you just keep going as normal. If you haven't then that doesn't mean you cant start it just means you need to take it more easy. I wear a heart rate monitor when I exercise which helps me to see if im pushing myself to hard. But the best advise when working out pregnant is if you can hold a conversation while your exercising then your fine. If you get to winded to talk then you need to back off a bit.

Baby is the size of a sweet pea, and the heart started beating!



How far along: 6 weeks

Total weight gain: o lbs

Maternity clothes: not yet, I have a belly band but not yet

Stretch marks: nope and hopefully not

Sleep: good, but having lots of vivid dreams

Best moment of this week: feeling better from my cold and hitting 6 weeks

Miss anything: eating normal

Movement: not for a while

Food cravings: just liking fruit

Anything making you queasy or sick: yes lots, meat, veggies cooked or raw, popcorn, most of my normal foods

Have you started to show yet: I feel like yesterday my lower belly popped out a bit, even sucking in I feel a little bump

Gender: not sure hoping for a baby girl

Labor signs: no way

Belly button in or out: in

Wedding rings on or off: on

Happy or moody most of the time: a bit irritated this week off and on

Looking forward to: my first US next Wednesday!



Comments

Popular Posts