My Pregnancy Diary 5 weeks

Feb 14th, 2013
So I am 5 weeks today! yay! So I have been bogged down with a horrible cold since my last post, ugh. I had my birthday on the 9th which I pretty much had to blow off because I felt like crap. Dinner with friends the night before and a day with the family the day of.
Now the good stuff!
I went to the docs on wed the 6th (my last post) for a blood hcg test, followed by another on the 8th. This was to determine if the pregnancy was viable and progressing. New to me because with my son I never did this part. Well after anticipation all day Friday I got the call that my levels were looking great. 37 on wed and 80 on Friday. As long as they at least double in 48 hrs all is well. yay! that's over, but then they said they wanted me back on tues for a follow up. ugh again? So tues roles around I give my blood and wait. By 4:30 I heard from the docs and I was at 398 Yay!!!!! We are having a baby my friends.
I feel good other than the cold. I'm super tired and feel bloated. And had a few waives of nausea in the am but nothing major. My tata's are sore and a bit bigger but that's it. Today was my first day working out again, although I'm still congested and tired I forced myself to give it a go. I managed 30 min on the treadmill doing fast walking on an incline followed by some weight sets of a full body routine and some ab work. Yes abs, you bet ya. I will be doing abs my entire pregnancy!  I feel great knowing I did it today, my body was craving some exercise. My diet has been full of fruits a little protein and veggies. I'm not overly hungry so just listening to my body. I'm sure things will change once I feel better. 
Fun fact! I tried the ring test today on me and my husband to find out the sex of the baby. Well it said on both of us that we are having a girl! We really want a girl since we have a boy, but as long as he or she is healthy we will be happy. But a girl would be awesome. We have 11 weeks to wait and see if it was right!
My current weight is 108 lbs


How far along:  5 weeks

Total weight gain: o lbs

Maternity clothes:  No way! But I do feel bloated :(

Stretch marks: nope hopefully never

Sleep: having really vivid dreams

Best moment of this week: Just the sinking in that we are having a baby!

Miss anything: not yet

Movement: not for a while :(

Food cravings: fruit

Anything making you queasy or sick: not really

Have you started to show yet: no unless you count bloat

Gender: not sure 11 weeks to go

Labor signs: oh no

Belly button in or out: in

Wedding rings on or off: on

Happy or moody most of the time: happy a little emotional and irritable

Looking forward to: every moment to come, its such an incredible journey!

Comments

Popular Posts