Baby #3- My postpartum journey! Week 0-1


My postpartum journey, diet, exercise and lifestyle!!


So I took this pic on the left the night before she was born, and the second pic was in the am the morning of day 7!


HI all, so wow I can't believe its been a month since my baby girl was born. Time is flying. I plan on documenting my postpartum journey with you all and showing my progress. I will also start adding new, fun fresh workouts for postpartum and normal. Ive been enjoying time with my new family so please be patient with me. My time right now is limited but I will be adding as much as I can!

So my first week postpartum. I stayed in the hospital for 48 hrs after birth due to being GBS positive
Booo, but what are gonna do. I made sure to drink lots of water to help flush out that yucky antibiotic and saline iv I had to get... Im very sensitive to sodium since I dont really have any in my daily diet other than what naturally occurs in foods in their natural state. I never add salt. 
Although in the hospital I did have a carb daily, either a bagel or English muffin etc. I needed the extra calories and energy, but honestly I ate lots of fruit in the hospital. Melon, grapes and bananas were my go to.


My delivery was very easy, I didn't tear and was so short that I figured my recovery would be fairly easy, but being my 3rd I wasn't sure how well my body would do especially being older now. This pic below was taken the day after we got home from the hospital. I was very happy with how much I had shrunk down in the first 3 days.
Now I will add Im a huge believer in post par tum wrapping. Using a belly binder. I have used one with all my pregnancy's and swear it helps your body to bounce back way faster. The first week I use the Kardashian one, and then i use the Squeem. http://twinpossible.com/bellybinder. I wear it as much as I can. It really helps that lose feeling you have after child birth, it helps with posture, and its amazing for diastasis recti which i've been lucky enough to never have. I highly recommend every post par tum mom wear one. And using it in the first 8 weeks post baby is the most effective because the hormone relaxin is still very high in your body, This hormone is what allows your ligaments to stretch while you grow so in turn its presence allows things to more easily shrink.

My weight;
night before delivery 126.6
3 days post 120.6
4 days post 119.6
5 days post 117.2
1 Week post 114.6
so by 1 week I had lost 12lbs, I had gained a total of 18lbs during my pregnancy



I was swollen, I was actually smaller the day after birth than 3 days after. 


So this first week I took it really easy. I did not exercise but I also didn't lay around. I have to crazy boys 6 and 2 so I don't sit lol. I drank tons of water and ate lots of fruits. I wanted to give my body a chance to lose all the retained liquid from birth, ivs etc. I am exclusively breast feeding also. I know for some you will still hold on the weight while nursing but it definitely will help you lose some weight right off the bat. My body was bouncing back pretty quick, daily I could see a change. This pic below was 5 days post par tum.






So my week stayed the same, I was very careful to not lift heavy, tried to rest as much as humanly possible with now 3 kids, 2 dogs a cat, a house to run and a husband :) I drank lots of water, ate super clean and got rest, and breast fed what felt like all day long.
By 1 week I was amazed at my body and what changes had happend in 1 week. I had lost 12 lbs, all my post par tum swelling had gone. I swelled after baby was born, which was weird since I didn't swell my entire pregnancy but again I think a lot was due to the iv I had to have. Oh and let me tell ya, watermelon is great for making you go :) after baby. It helps to keep you regular. so If your lucky enough to deliver when its in season eat up!!! So for my first week I was extremely happy, feeling great and enjoying my new bundle of joy!!!!




Comments

Popular Posts